This is where I come to roost.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

This is my Job?

Sorry its been a while since I posted...this week was very routine...without a whole lot of ultra-bloggable instances.

But show-day always produces a few good tidbits.

Today's biggest happening would probably be my losing my voice to such a capacity that Casey had to perform for me. Yesterday my voice started going again, and this morning I woke up and knew it might be very close, and once I sang the first stanza of the first song, I knew I'd never last. I handed over my lute, hung my head, and stepped off the stage. I really wanted to perform this week. Oh well.

A 6 year old peed her pants again...but this time she was very sweet. There's only one moment during the show where the littlest kids are asked not to go to the bathroom unless its an emergency (if, of course, there is bathroom access backstage) and during that time I always go to shoo off the little ones that are no doubt in line for the bathroom. Something about those lights, and all those people watching them must just make them have to piss like Seattle Slew - they're always rushing to the bathroom when they get off. There were 3 little girls lined up, and I asked them if it was an emergency. Two of them said it wasn't, and went back to sit down. The third, a beautiful little indian (like jewel-on-head, not loo-loo-loo) girl said "It is very ugent for me. I have to go now." So, I waited with her for the bathroom to empty out. The noises form the inside were indicative that it was almost her turn: the flush, the sink on, the sink off, the air dryer, the little girl saying "uh-oh"....wait, that was this little girl, not the one in the bathroom. "I just peed in my pants." "How much? Like a little bit? ...or like, all the way?" "Oh, just a little." "Well, hold it off. It's almost your turn."

I gave her a new pair of pants and sent her on her way.

I had more feelings of "this is my job?" today...its just so unbeliveable that I can enjoy what I'm doing so much. I'm so glad to have this job.

Good news! I'll be home in August! I do get to go home after all. Which is exciting.

OH BTW, I saw Step Brothers last night...the reviews for it haven't been great...pretty down the middle. I think if you love Will Ferrell and John C. Reily enough to forgive them for making a movie filled with immature jokes...you'll love the movie and have a good time.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely had another "this is my job?" week this week. I was honestly having too much fun to take time to write!

    When do you guys come back to Missoula?

    ReplyDelete