This is where I come to roost.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"the bottle said generously"

Well, its officially started. I can't keep track of what city I'm in at the moment. I kept calling it "Allen" in my call in to the home office today, which is next week, and in my brain, I keep calling it "Taos." "Weatherford" just never registers.

At any rate, these kids in Weatherford have definitely been our most eager and quick to learn so far. we were worried about it at auditions on Monday, because they seemed very tentative and....well, not very talented. These aren't theatre kids, they're just kid kids, at a camp. We're not even the first or last thing they do each day. There's a myriad of activities for them provided both before, and after rehearsal is over. They're just regular kids doing a theatre activity during the day.

So its nice to have kids who aren't jaded. They were so excited to set up the set with us today, and are noticeably having more fun this week than any of our last three residencies, who were all old hats at theatre and our shows.

Texas is, unsurprisingly, miserably hot. On the illness front, Casey is still sick, though I've gotten better. Our hotel room is covered in pharmaceuticals and supplements, Emergen-C, Vitamain C supps, echinacea, Tylenol Cold daytime, Theraflu Nighttime, Mucus suppressants, pain relievers, acid reducers (for my seperate, constant, and equally as annoying acid problems) If only we had sudafed, we'd probably be the most suspicious guests here.

Speaking of suspicious......





Only a cap full next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment