This is where I come to roost.

Friday, July 18, 2008

He's gonna spew, because he ate too much earlier.

That was said by our contact, after witnessing our A.D. who's 12 and probably pushing 250 lbs., working on his 4th corn dog, while holding the other three empty sticks between his fingers. Welcome to Texas.

Speaking of Texas. "Y'all" is not lazily enunciated "you all." It is, in fact, a word all its own. It is chosen, very carefully, and never used out of context. It is also occasionally placed into a show written by Montanans, by a sweet little Texan playing our Queen. I thought it gave the show character.

Leave it to Casey and I to have our best shows yet be a Friday-show week. (We normally perform on Saturday.) Today's kids, were the loudest, most enthusiastic kids we've had on the job so far. They did a GREAT job, and I don't think we could ask for a better Friday, and not for a much better Saturday performance.

I would attest our success this week to two things. I had been thinking that Casey and I are great from Monday to Wednesday, as at our jobs as anyone could expect. However, from Thursday to Saturday...we just didn't pick up the intensity as much is needed to really succeed at the height of our potential. Well, with the Friday show, we were forced to. Our show day today was as close to perfect as I can think of. Our intensity, the things we went over, the things we said. The show made a gigantic leap between yesterday afternoon, and today's performances.

Also, the staff of the Kids Unite camp that brought us in. We essentially had an entire staff, aside from our ADs as assistants during this short week. They were constantly reinforcing our rules, and making doubly sure that everyone was in the right place, and everything was running smoothly.

We'll not have a nicer week this summer, and maybe this year. Our fellow TADs should fight, scratch, and claw to go to Weatherford, Texas. I will miss it.

As I said before, Casey and I went to Louis Troussaud's wax museum and Ripley's Believe it or Not museum in Fort Worth. That was a very fun trip, Casey and I had more fun at the wax museum than Ripley's, though there are some really fun, cool things in the museum. You'll see the pictures of both in my picasa album as soon as I update everything. You'll note when you see those pictures that, for whatever reason, the wax artist thought it appropriate for Rutherford B. Hayes to wear an expression as if he had just wet himself.

I also got to see the new Cowboy stadium going up in Arlington, which is just ridiculously emmaculate. It'll be quite a sight when its complete. (But not nearly as awesome as Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianpolis ;)

Tomorrow Casey and I are fulfilling one of my major goals for this job: go to Medieval Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment