This is where I come to roost.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

something so sour that it makes my eyes tear is not refreshing

9 packets of sugar, and 2 packets of Splenda.

I ordered a glass of Lemonade at dinner tonight. When the waitress brought it to the table, and said "hold on, I'll bring you some sugar" I thought something was unusual. Have you ever, ever in your life heard of unsweetened lemonade. It tasted like straight lemon juice, which was wonderful for my throat, and horrible for my acid reflux. The above mentioned sweeteners were what it took to sweet it to a barely drinkable level. I also kept dilluting it with water to finish it. There's still a burn in my throat. The Chicken Picatta, was delicious. Savory lemon butter sauce. So savory.

Nothing too out of the ordinary today. Rehearsal went well, if the yahoos were a bit scatter-brained all day. We haven't had the terror-fridays that have been described by other TADS, but this week might be the week. They're getting loopy by Wednesday. I'm gonna have alot of fun performing in this show, with these kids. Most of the high schoolers stayed after today to help the put up the set, getting to know them was really cool. The majority of this group is into Anime and rock music. Casey says its weird knowing that if she were their age, they'd be the kids she'd hang out with. We had so much fun with them that we stayed and chatted for a while after we set up the set, and when they saw our truck parked at the laundromat, they came in to invite us to go salsa dancing at a local club tonight. Unfortunately, fraternization like that is against the rules, but if it were otherwise...I'd go, though I wouldn't dance. I can barely foxtrot. Let alone Salsa. I mean, really.

1 comment:

  1. we had a group that was easily running the show by Wednesday. On Thursday we did a normal run with the peewees, and then an over-the-top run for our second run. We did another over-the-top run on Friday first session and then a Fun-Through for second session. Ya know, where you keep changing the genre of the show. The kids LOVED it. We even did a little bit of it with our group the week after them (we had already completed one normal run during second session and had like half and hour left).

    so glad you're having an awesome week! ours has been challenging.

    ReplyDelete