This is where I come to roost.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Properties

Today was a long one, and the kids felt it. By the time we got about halfway through our second session, they were exhausted. They didn't have the "friday syndrome" I'd heard described other teams, but they were certainly pooped. So, right at their most empty Casey and I had them do an over-the-top rehearsal. We wanted everything they had left.

Thankfully, they found those little reservoirs of energy and excitement that make our shows so wonderful. They were all having wonderful energetic fun by the end, and were encouraged for show day tomorrow.

And probably took a great nap afterwards.

A few words on our trainer...she's awesome. She's one of the nicest people Casey or I have ever met, and her husband is quite a guy too. She's been so helpful, and so nice in the mean time. Plus, a hell of a cook. She's loaded us up with cookies and pasta salad, and a great shrimp and chicken ceaser salad and some chocolate chip cheesecake at her place on Wednesday. (we're lucky to have a trainer that lives very near our residency) She's been invaluable this week.

Her husband's a great guy too. Quick story on what sold me on him for the rest of eternity. We went out on the company tab tonight to the Walnut Brewery in Boulder, CO. I ordered some pub tips, he ordered a bourbonzola (bourbon BBQ sauce, gorgonzola, fried onions) burger made with BUFFALO MEAT. I thought to myself, man I'd like to try that...but I can't ask him for a bite, that'd be weird as hell. About 5 min. later he offered me a bite, and was happy to give me the chance to try it. That's a hell of a guy folks. So, you want on my good side, offer me some new meat.

Rocky Mountain Oysters here I come....

Why do I insist on ending everything with ellipses?

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment