This is where I come to roost.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

"He gave you a pepper-jack hug"

Our kids that were so wonderful at the beginning of the week, turned out to be really spacey kids by the end of the week. So much so, that we ended up leaving the conclusion of the show out of our first performance...you know, where they guess his name. Pretty important. We just went forward like it didn't happen.

The last performance was pretty good as far as the performances when the actor's were on stage. Then, the villagers were always so behind on their entrances that a running joke about "spinover traffic" ended up being added into the show. Though, we had LOTS of compliments on that, people thought it was hilarious. I wonder how old you have to be for mistakes to be cute and hilarious, instead of annoying and unwanted.

But, that's not to say bad things about a really wonderful group of kids. They're kids. They're gonna get bored and distracted. These were great kids and I'm proud of him. Also, I'm not trying to skirt responsibility completely for the problems we incurred. There are things I could improve on, Casey could improve on to fix some of the things that hampered us this week.

But, that's very minimal. Really. The kids were great.

Casey and I were able to have a few drinks(which I'm feeling the effects of) at the bar in the hotel here tonight, and opened up some nice conversation with the other patrons. That was nice.

Casey and I are looking forward to seeing Tom, Barbara, Ian, and Robin in Raton tomorrow, and the next week. It'll be nice to have a week off with some good friends.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous13:22

    I am so glad that everything is going well for you. Brandon and I miss you and Casey, a lot.

    I know how it is with kids, and how much they do (or don't) focus. It all gets easier when you get used to it. I'm sure you are already wonderful.

    Hopefully we will talk soon,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete