This is where I come to roost.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Good Job

This week has been going really well. Our audition day was completely bizarre, as far as how the auditions are supposed to go. Our cast, however, is great. We have some really great kids...alot of first timers in a town that's been bringing the company in for 20 years. I'm glad some people got the oppurtunity, also afraid we let some really good people get lost in the auditions, but our show has been going excellently. We'll be doing a full run and a dress rehearsal tomorrow, and I'm sure they'll be excited.

The sort of situations and positions this job puts you in are really incredible. One of our smallest cast members, aged 6 was crying backstage, so I took her out to the lobby to see what was wrong. Apparently she had recently been in an accident that left a wound on a thigh big enough to require stitches, and though the stitches are gone and the wound is mostly healed, it still gives her a bit of pain. Well, a friend of hers laid their head on her lap, right on the wound and she went berserk with pain.

So I was talking to her out in the lobby while they kept running the show for Casey and our trainer, Leigh. While we were talking, without knowing what I was doing, I told her to clench her fists, shake them, take a big breath in, then breathe out and loosen up the fists. Then we did it again. And again. And she felt fine. I had no idea what I was doing when I started...I did it along with her and felt pretty good myself afterwards. Oxygen does a body good.

So you...clench your fists...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, we're in a town that brings Missoula in 3 times a year and has been doing so for like the last 10 (or more like 15 i think) years. We also have a lot of new-comers! Especially some of the older kids apparently...and they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete