This is where I come to roost.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

It was a drive from Montana to Wyoming today, and I'm convinced as I sit in Sheridan, WY...people have no idea about the country they live in. Driving I-90 east, watching mountain range after mountain range pop out from behind each other, taller, snow-capped, and more beautiful each time--then getting into Wyoming where the interestate asphalt turns RED, for whatever reason, and you're driving on top of a ridge with these 100 foot river valleys on either side...just incredible.

And its so EASY. Its really easy to drive. Our highways are so wide, and for as much as they are used...pretty safe (as dangerous as they are.) I'm lucky to get the chance to see this part of the country, new parts of the country. Take advantage if you get the chance.

If gas ever gets cheaper, go on a road trip. To Texas perhaps, where I'll be most of the summer.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous19:09

    I have always wanted to see mountains... I would give anything to be where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been really beautiful. You'll get here, and soon! You can take a FAMILY vacation! How exciting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous13:33

    A family vacation...that sounds wonderful, but I honestly would love to soak up all that beauty on my own. No responsibility. Is that selfish?

    One day Tom & I plan on going out west to see all that stuff. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its probably a little bit selfish. But I think we would all feel that way. I would love to experience it with a family, honestly. The more of you there are getting to see everything...the more wonderful it is. I'm so glad Casey was here to enjoy it too. I wish I was with all kinds of people to see it all.

    ReplyDelete