This is where I come to roost.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Home? Again?

We've been in Missoula this week. Our homestay is...interesting. But being here is always very nice. It's great to have a week off...with no rumpelstiltskins and no kids. And today's my birthday! Yip.

23...they add up to 5! For whatever reason, 22 still felt young, and 23 feels real old. I'm not totally sure why.

I got to see Jesus Christ Superstar tonight for the very first time. It was a very nice production. Of course there were faults, and Hanover trained me well in the over-analization(sp?) department. I'm very jealous of this theatre being able to call itself a "community" theatre. It's incredible what they're able to do. Truly amazing.

I couldn't help but think how similar the Jesus Christ story is to that of Barack Obama's. Take away the miracles (which I doubt are true, BIG TIME, anyway) and they're even more eerily similar. I sent in my absentee ballot today, and I voted for him, but I've never fully trusted him. I get an eerie feeling when I look at him. But, as the show I got me thinking about it, I'll point out my feelings. Jesus came on to the scene quickly and strongly, filling people with "hope" more than anything. Soon they became frustrated with him, and were the cause of his eventual downfall. If Obama wins the election how long until everyone's disappointed with him? Most of his suppoters are the eternally disappointed types. If he's elected will he last a second term? Will he last 4 years? Worst of all, might he be assassinated?

The show was beautiful. I'm proud of working for this company.

After the show, we went to a bar for some karaoke and festive-ness. It was fun. Casey and I sang "baba o'reilly" by the who, and it was alot of fun. On top of it, we killed apparently, at least all the compliments we received seem that way.

All in all, a good way to start my birthday off...the whole bar sang to me. How cute. We're going to a corn maze in Hamilton, MT tomorrow. Should be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous15:20

    Hey Jake!! Happy Birthday!! I found your letter in a pile of mail I've been ignoring for the past few days--I appreciate it so much. I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you compared Obama to Jesus. the way you put it, i see it too.

    miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete