This is where I come to roost.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Do you know what weight you have in each costume?"

Oh, today. What a funny day. We had a great rehearsal, working in things like scene changes...introducing the busy bees to everyone else, the magic wall, etc.

Then we took a little break in the afternoon and answered some questions about costumes, show day, etc. and so forth. It was a good break, longer than normal, but these kids are so awesome...it really didn't matter in the least.

We did an over-the-top rehearsal after the break, which produced some hillarious moments, the most hillarious of which was when "Cameron 10" - whom we call Cameron 10 because Gnome 9 is also named Cameron. It was his suggestion. He's 6. His line is "yup." Well, he said "yup" and I told him to do it real big over the top...he exclaims "Yup-a-daba-do!" I can't describe how funny it was.

So, Casey's been getting really into the X-Men lately. She always liked them, but she got sucked into the world of their comic books at long last. Comics can be a crazy world, producing hell-bent obsession, and fanatical collections. It can also be alot of fun. I've gotten alot more into the "No, now you need these issues to complete this story." It's like a scavenger hunt. It's fun. So I'm sort of getting into it as well. Eek. The fact that we found an awesome comic book store with some really nice folks working there..The owner of which, has not seen "Dark Knight" yet. He must be the only one. I overheard him tell someone, "I have so much comic book stuff in my life that when I go to the cinema (no lie, he said cinema) I just prefer to see something else." Sort of an unusal sentiment from a comic nerd.

I have officially put Texas on my grad school list. Austin is one of my favorite cities in America, and possibly number 2 right behind Chicago. They've got an incredible independent theatre scene, its just the sort of place that works well for the type of theatre I want to do. Almost every coffee house has a theatre upstairs or down, and there are ALOT of coffee houses. There's improv, too. Plus, for a long time I've wanted to go to a grad school with a great D1 football program. And it's freakin' Texas! Hook 'em.

More later on me loving teaching more and more.

3 comments:

  1. It's a shame about Bernie Mac...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ug i've heard austin is amazing. i want to go there even more now!!!

    my friend and i have talked about moving there some day and starting a theatre. she wants to have a bakery/theatre. didn't realize such a thing (since coffee shop is pretty damn close) really existed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.toxicshock.tv/news/wp-content/uploads/soul_men_movie_still1.jpg Sam Jackson is shitting his pants right now...

    How does it feel to be a psychic murderer?

    ReplyDelete