This is where I come to roost.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

They made me take off my toe rings!

It's been nice being at home.

Before we left for our break, I kept dreaming of what it would be like to do nothing. To have one day just to do nothing. Well I got my one day, and now about 10 more, and I feel I'm nicely stocked up on days of nothing. I've really enjoyed my time at home, but being in the house all the time has finally gotten quite old. A winter in California will be welcome.

I feel really good when I'm out and about in pike county and other various surrounding old stomping grounds. At first I was thinking "Am I really this homesick for this place?" But I realized I think it just feels great to be absolutely familiar with everything around me. My fleet manager would scream if he heard me describe the idea of "zoning out" when you drive, but knowing where you're going is a much more relaxing way to drive than constantly be on the lookout for the next mile marker, exit sign, and constantly counting the miles it is until you reach your unknown destination.

Also, it reminded me how much fun I had when I was in high school. I really did enjoy driving to Washington, doing plays at Veale Creek, the plays at Pike Central, our late nights out. And around Christmas that was all more frequent and even better, not to mention other traditions specific to the season. I had alot of fun.

But I don't miss it. I'm glad to keep on rollin. I thought to myself yesterday "Wow, my problems have gotten very adult." Debt. Jobs. Where in the hell am I going to sleep at night? Its not THAT scary.

Still haven't heard from the WWE. I probably won't. But I wrote a letter. A real, snail-mail, type-print-seal-stamp-send to a desk letter. Hopefully that'll make me standout. It's Christmas so I suppose they'll be slow, if in the office at all. I really want this job.

Merry Christmas anyone who reads this. Thank you for having enough time to wonder what I have to say about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment